- Title Pages
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imprint in Jewish Studies
- Prologue Regenerating Biography, or In Search of Universalism
- Part One Grégoire's Early Years: <i>Enlightenment and Religion in France, 1750–1789</i>
- Chapter 1 From Tailor's Son to Enlightened Abbé
- Chapter 2 The “Bon Curé” of Emberménil
- Chapter 3 A Physical, Moral, and Political Regeneration of the Jews
- Part Two Grégoire in Paris
- Chapter 4 Creating a French Nation
- Chapter 5 A Religious Revolution?
- Chapter 6 Overcoming the Terror, Rebuilding the Empire
- Part Three Keeping the Faith
- Chapter 7 The Joys and Frustrations of the Atlantic Republican Network
- Chapter 8 Exporting the Revolution
- Chapter 9 Christian Apologetics and the Universal Human Family
- Appendix Chapter list of the manuscript labeled “Doctrine du christianisme,” BSPR-G, Rév. 177
- Selected Bibliography
- The Abbe Gregoire and the French Revolution
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.