- Title Pages
- The Great War in the European Imagination
- Miracle or “Miracle”?
- Carnal Vision and Saintly Ambition
- Spiritual Patronage and a Mission to Save France
- Silent Eruptions: Claire and Her Public
- In the Footsteps of Joan
- A Kind of Apotheosis: Claire Goes to Paris
- The Sacred Heart and the Union Sacrée: Claire’s Story Goes Public
- Consecration by Proxy
- The Unraveling
- The Unmaking of a Saint
- Prologue as Epilogue: The Story of Jonas
- The Tragic Tale of Claire Ferchaud and the Great War
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.