- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Geography, Climate, Ancient Authors, and Modern Visitors
- 3 Pre-Roman Infrastructure in the Eastern Desert
- 4 Ptolemaic Diplomatic-Military-Commercial Activities
- 5 Ptolemaic and Early Roman Berenike and Environs
- 6 Inhabitants of Berenike in Roman Times
- 7 Water in the Desert and the Ports
- 8 Nile-Red Sea Roads
- 9 Other Emporia
- 10 Merchant Ships
- 11 Commercial Networks and Trade Costs
- 12 Trade in Roman Berenike
- 13 Late Roman Berenike and Its Demise
- Berenike and the Ancient Maritime Spice Route
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.