- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Golden State
- Chapter 2 Pre-Hispanic Herbaceous Vegetation
- Chapter 3 Invasion of Franciscan Annuals, Grazing, and California Pasture in the Nineteenth Century
- Chapter 4 A Century of Bromes and the Fading of California Wildflowers
- Chapter 5 Lessons from the Rose Parade
- Appendix 1 Location of Franciscan campsites, Franciscan place names, and modern place names
- Appendix 2. Spanish plant names for California vegetation
- Appendix 3 Selected earliest botanical collections of exotic annual species in California
- Appendix 4 References to wildflowers in the Los Angeles Times, The Desert Magazine, and the Riverside Press Enterprise (year ending, July to June)
- California's Fading Wildflowers
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.