- Title Pages
- Part One La Musica and Orfeo
- 1 Text, Context, Performance
- 2 Liminality, Deixis, Subjectivity
- 3 Performing the Dialogic Self
- 4 From Petrarch to Petrarchism: <i>A Rhetoric of Voice and Address</i>
- 5 In Search of Voice: <i>Musical Petrarchism in the Sixteenth-Century Madrigal</i>
- 6 Monteverdi, Narrator
- 7 The Possibility of Opera
- Epilogue: <i>Subjectivity, Theatricality, Multimediality</i>
- Appendix 1 Tables of Contents of the Madrigal Books
- Appendix 2 Monteverdi, <i>Combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda</i>
- From Madrigal to Opera
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.