- Title Pages
- Roth Family Foundation
- Chapter 1 Studying Jazz
- Chapter 2 History and Memory, Pathways and Practices: The African Americanness of Jazz
- Chapter 3 Jazz and Spatiality: The Development of Jazz Scenes
- Chapter 4 The New York Jazz Scene in the 1990s
- Chapter 5 Toward a Blues Aesthetic
- Chapter 6 Jazz Performance as Ritualized Activity
- Chapter 7 In the Studio and on Stage
- Chapter 8 Conclusion
- Appendix: Excerpt from an Interview with Steve Wilson
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.