- Title Pages
- Roth Family Fundation
- CHAPTER 1 Incorporation and Distinction in Jazz History and Jazz Historiography
- CHAPTER 2 Louis Armstrong Loves Guy Lombardo
- CHAPTER 3 The Humor of Jazz
- CHAPTER 4 Creating Boundaries in the Virtual Jazz Community
- CHAPTER 5 Latin Jazz, Afro-Latin Jazz, Afro-Cuban Jazz, Cubop, Caribbean Jazz, Jazz Latin, or Just … Jazz
- CHAPTER 6 Jazz with Strings
- CHAPTER 7 “Slightly Left of Center”
- CHAPTER 8 The Praxis of Composition-Improvisation and the Poetics of Creative Kinship
- CHAPTER 9 The Sound of Struggle
- CHAPTER 10 Voices from the Jazz Wilderness
- CHAPTER 11 Crossing the Street
- CHAPTER 12 Deconstructing the Jazz Tradition
Music in America Imprint
- Jazz/Not Jazz
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.