- Title Pages
- Chapter One Beyond the Gradient: Insights from New Work in the Avian Ecology of Urbanizing Lands
- Chapter Two Using Gradient Analysis to Uncover Pattern and Process in Urban Bird Communities
- Chapter Three From Forests to Cities: Effects of Urbanization on Tropical Birds
- Chapter Four Does Nest Predation Shape Urban Bird Communities?
- Chapter Five Evaluating Factors that Influence Avian Community Response to Urbanization
- Chapter Six Impacts of Seasonal Small-scale Urbanization on Nest Predation and Bird Assemblages at Tourist Destinations
- Chapter Seven The Use of Citizen Volunteers in Urban Bird Research
- Chapter Eight Painted Bunting Conservation: Traditional Monitoring Meets Citizen Science
- Chapter Nine A New Approach to Urban Bird Monitoring: The Tucson Bird Count
- Chapter Ten Distribution and Habitat of Greater Roadrunners in Urban and Suburban Arizona
- Chapter Eleven Edges, Trails, and Reproductive Performance of Spotted Towhees in Urban Greenspaces
- Chapter Twelve Post-Fledging Mobility in an Urban Landscape
- Chapter Thirteen Avian Conservation in Urban Environments: What do Ecologists Bring to the Table?
- Chapter Fourteen How Biologists Can Involve Developers, Planners, and Policymakers in Urban Avian Conservation
- Chapter Fifteen Predicting Avian Community Responses to Increasing Urbanization
- Chapter Sixteen Interactions between People and Birds in Urban Landscapes
- Chapter Seventeen Who Feeds the Birds? A Comparison Across Regions
- Chapter Eighteen Urban Evolutionary Ecology
- Special Topic A
- Appendix A.1 Modeling Canopy Cover.
- Special Topic B
- Urban Bird Ecology and Conservation
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.