- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Watersheds in Time and Place
- Chapter 2 Using the American Past for the Present
- Chapter 3 Institutions, Careers, and the Many Paths of U.S. History in Europe
- Chapter 4 Straddling Intellectual Worlds
- Chapter 5 Writing American History from Europe
- Chapter 6 American Foreign Relations in European Perspectives
- Chapter 7 Location and the Conceptualization of Historical Frameworks
- Chapter 8 Positionality, Ambidexterity, and Global Frames
- Chapter 9 Reflections from Russia
- Chapter 10 Doing U.S. History in Australia
- Chapter 11 Viewing American History from Japan
- Chapter 12 Not Quite at Home
- Chapter 13 American History in the Shadow of Empire
- Selected Bibliography
- Historians across Borders
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.