- Title Pages
- Introduction “True Faith and Allegiance”—Religion and the FBI
- 1 American Religion and the Rise of Internal Security
- 2 “If God be for you, who can be against you?”
- 3 The FBI and the Moorish Science Temple of America, 1926–1960
- 4 J. Edgar Hoover, the FBI, and the Religious Cold War
- 5 Apostles of Deceit
- 6 The FBI and the Catholic Church
- 7 Hoover’s Judeo-Christians
- 8 Policing Public Morality
- 9 The FBI and the Nation of Islam
- 10 Dreams and Shadows
- 11 A Vast Infiltration
- 12 The FBI’s “Cult War” against the Branch Davidians
- 13 The FBI and American Muslims after September 11
- 14 Policing Kashmiri Brooklyn
- 15 Allies against Armageddon?
- FBI and Religion
- Sylvester A. Johnson, Steven Weitzman
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.