- Title Pages
- 1 Excerpt from “St Besse: A Study of an Alpine Cult”
- 2 Excerpt from “Tarantism and Catholicism”
- 3 Excerpt from “The Place of Grace in Anthropology”
- 4 Excerpt from “The Dinka and Catholicism”
- 5 Excerpt from “Iconophily and Iconoclasm in Marian Pilgrimage”
- 6 Excerpt from <i>Person and God in a Spanish Valley</i>
- 7 Excerpt from “The Priest as Agent of Secularization in Rural Spain”
- 8 Excerpt from “Women Mystics and Eucharistic Devotion in the Thirteenth Century”
- 9 “Complexio Oppositorum”?
- 10 Marking Memory
- 11 Containment and Contagion
- 12 Opulence and Simplicity
- 13 The Paradox of Charismatic Catholicism
- 14 The Virgin of Guadalupe and Spectacles of Catholic Evangelism in Mexico
- 15 The Rosary as a Meditation on Death at a Marian Apparition Shrine
- 16 A Catholic Body?
- 17 Experiments of Inculturation in a Catholic Charismatic Movement in Cameroon
- 18 On a Political Economy of Political Theology
- 19 Making a Home in an Unfortunate Place
- 20 “We’re All Catholics Now”
- 21 What Is Catholic about the Clergy Sex Abuse Crisis?
- 22 Possession and Psychopathology, Faith and Reason
- 23 Catholicism and the Study of Religion
- 24 The Media of Sensation
- Anthropology of Catholicism
- Kristin Norget, Valentina Napolitano, Maya Mayblin
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.