- Title Pages
- The George Gund Foundation Imprint in African American Studies
- Part I The Long March
- 1 The Patriarchs
- 2 The Prophets of Justice
- 3 The City and the Church
- 4 The Torchbearer
- Part II The Campaign
- 5 The Pauper
- 6 An “American Commune”
- 7 A Counter-War on Poverty
- Part III The Vision
- 8 Facing Structural Injustice
- 9 A “Right Not to Starve”
- (p.275) Conclusion
- King and the Other America
- University of California Press
The conclusion adresses the political backlash that not only crippled but obscured the campaign. It challenges the false opposition between economic and social justice, the “identity politics” thesis and claim the relevance of the campaign today.
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.