- Title Pages
- Introduction The Modern Foundations of Brazilian Cinema
- 1 Early Cinema and National Identity in Brazil
- 2 Cinematic Vistas of Rio de Janeiro’s Worldly Modernity
- 3 Alternative Urban Projections in Early Narrative Films
- 4 Film and Fandom in <i>Cinearte</i> Magazine
- 5 Beyond Hollywood
- 6 Picturing the Tropics
- 7 The Expedition Films of Major Luiz Thomaz Reis
- 8 <i>Modernismo</i>’s Literary Engagements with Film
- 9 The Cine-Poetry of Mário Peixoto’s <i>Limite</i>
- 10 Fabricating Discipline and Progress in <i>São Paulo, Symphony of a Metropolis</i>
- Postscript Toward New Cinematic Foundations
- Foundational Films
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.