- Title Pages
- Chapter One Answering Machine
- Chapter Two Lucknow
- Chapter Three Transit
- Chapter Four My American Wife
- Chapter Five Job Application
- Chapter Six Hired
- Chapter Seven First Day
- Chapter Eight One Month’s Notice
- Chapter Nine English
- Chapter Ten Colleagues
- Chapter Eleven Olive Skin
- Chapter Twelve Camera King
- Chapter Thirteen Don’t Buy It
- Chapter Fourteen Foreigner
- Chapter Fifteen My Name Is Deepak
- Chapter Sixteen I’m Straight Today
- Chapter Seventeen Holly and I
- Chapter Eighteen All Hands on Deck
- Chapter Nineteen Long Two Years
- Chapter Twenty The Golden Quarter
- Chapter Twenty-One Two Americas
- Chapter Twenty-Two Paula
- Chapter Twenty-Three Cameron
- Chapter Twenty-Four Don’t Sue Me!
- Chapter Twenty-Five Post-Christmas Blues
- Chapter Twenty-Six A Handful of Dimes
- Chapter Twenty-Seven India Visit
- (p.1) Chapter One Answering Machine
- How May I Help You?
- University of California Press
This chapter looks at how a newly arrived immigrant tries to handle a rude customer who is both abusive and unreasonable.
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.