- Title Pages
- The Joan Palevsky Imprint in Classical Literature
- Part One The Early Phase, 371–September 378: The Integrative Significance of the Body in the Life of Virtue
- 1 Marriage, Celibacy, and Pederasty
- 2 The Integration of the Virtues
- 3 Gregory’s Emerging Theory of Desire
- Part Two The Middle Phase, September 378–387: The Ascetical and Eschatological Mixture of Male and Female
- 4 A Worldly Life of Desire
- 5 The Death of Siblings
- 6 Doctrinal Controversies
- Part Three The Late Phase, 387–394: Erotic Intimacy with Christ and the Maturation of Desire
- 7 Spiritual Maturation
- 8 Male and Female
- Body and Desire
Raphael A. Cadenhead
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.